28 Eylül 2012 Cuma

On the Horizon: Silver Linings Playbook

To contact us Click HERE
Here's the trailer for the upcoming film Silver Linings Playbook:

 

Good Decisions

Well, David O. Russell's last film was The Fighter, which was a really solid movie and garnered plenty of Oscar praise. Really good young actress as a lead - check. Dependable dramatic actors in important supporting roles - check. Leading man who has shown promise before, but needed to be reeled in by a good script and director - check. Lots of recent buzz around this one may put it in a great spot for the Oscars, especially given its release date.

Bad Decisions

The first time I watched this trailer, I thought it could've been handled a little better. It originally came off like they were making fun of what appears to be some sort of schizophrenic or antisocial disorder. Just a thought that the trailer may need to be a re-edited (though it is funny in parts) to avoid people jumping to that conclusion. Re-watching it, I may have been in a bad mood at my original viewing. But, people may still be put off.

Jury Still Out

Well, the Toronto International Film Festival premiered it last week and it went over really well with the critics and audience alike. Buzz is already starting around Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, and Robert De Niro for nominations (though I want to see Jacki Weaver get more credit!). As I hear, it's not a perfectly made movie, but it "touches your soul." My early skepticism is thereby put aside, especially since it looks like a rare Oscar movie I can take my wife to without her hating it or me for dragging her to it.

Release Date: November 21, 2012

Excitement Level


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder