21 Eylül 2012 Cuma

On the Horizon: Zero Dark Thirty

Here's the trailer for the upcoming film Zero Dark Thirty:


Good Decisions

Well, Kathryn Bigelow was already producing this film when Osama Bin Laden was killed. So, in an effort to stay current, she changed the ending and made it line up with the actual events. While I would have loved to see the original film she had in mind, since Bigelow gave the world the wonderfully intense Hurt Locker, I trust her with this story. Add a cast that includes Jessica Chastain, Joel Edgerton, Kyle Chandler, Chris Pratt and Mark Duplass and I say you'll have me in the seats.

Bad Decisions

This trailer doesn't drum up anything that I didn't expect. Yes, I suppose it can be considered a "teaser," but there's no way to tell what it's going to focus on and, other than Kyle Chandler, who is even in it.

Jury Still Out

As I said, the film was in process when Bin Laden was killed. I don't know what it's like to be halfway through a film and have to shift gears or change the end result, but my guess is it isn't easy. Maybe the necessary changes will make the movie better...maybe they won't. We'll never know. I'm also posting this trailer on 9/11 which could either be a brilliant move or very ill-timed.

Release Date: December 19, 2012

Excitement Level


 (4 out of 5)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder